Subject: [Leica] Visoflex/Bellows/Hektor question answered
From: MGMcGough@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 16:26:17 EDT

 I cannot write with as much eloquence as our missing maven - MJS but
 bear with me.  Your 16596 adapter is designed to fit the whole bayonet
 lens to the bellows, which will give you high magnification with the short
 (50mm) lenses - whereas the 16472 tube is normally used with just the
 lens head of the 135/4.5 Hektor. The tube is usually used with a 16464
 OTZFO Universal focusing mnt in lieu of a bellows. The 16558 bellows
 adapter is for the lens h'ds of the 65/3.5 Elmar, 90mm Elmar & Elmarit
 and most definitely will take the lens head of the 135/4.5 Hektor when it
 is screwed into the 16472 tube ( for lower magnif.)  This applies to the
 135/4.5 Hektor & not the 135/4 Elmar, which has different threads.

 Your Bellows II should have 2 magnif. scales on the rails; one for the 90
 and one for the 135 - as these two are used the most.  John, please feel
 free to email me privately for more info if needed.

 Leically yours,

 Mary (not contrary) McGough