Subject: Re: [Leica] The lights are on...but nobody's home
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2000 16:00:04 +0200

Hi Rich,

That store apparently does not exist anymore, since I would certainly have noticed it. But
there is a very good Leica dealer call Foto Ganz on a side street to Bahnhofstrasse
(Rennweg). Again, what really impressed me was the fact that Leica cameras and lenses are
available even at smallish neighborhood dealers, analogous to the Ritz Camera stores in
U.S. shopping malls.

Nathan

Rich Lahrson wrote:

> Hi Nathan!
>
>      I spent my teenage years in Zurich as my family moved there in '59.  I
> remember the big Koch store on the Bahnhof Strasse.  But you could get better
> buys at some of the out of the way discount houses.  I believe Koch is the
> inventor of the Sinar.  Their store always had the best displays of cameras
> in the store front window.  I was reading somewhere that the Bahnhof Strasse
> is the most expensive real estate in the world.
>
>                                         Cheers,
>
>                                                         Rich Lahrson
>                                                         tripspud@wenet.net

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium and Zurich, Switzerland

e-mail: wajsman@webshuttle.ch