Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Re: Digital resolution
From: Austin Franklin <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2000 23:29:46 -0400

That is very interesting.  How do you know that info?  If one reads what
they say VERY carefully, what you say sounds to be true:

"The FinePix4700 Zoom delivers an ultrahigh resolution image file with 4.3
million pixels in a 2,400 x 1,800 array using intelligent image
processing."

Well, "delivers" and "image file"....  In the specification section they
give as one of the specs "Image file size".  What a bunch of weasels!
 Thanks for pointing this out.  This is VERY deceptive!

I have no problem with interpolation, but I would at least like them to be
honest and SAY it, like the scanner manufacturers do, not hide it behind
weasel words...