Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Love/hate
From: Jeff Spirer <jeff@spirer.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2000 13:42:48 -0700

At 08:08 PM 4/9/00 +0200, lucien wrote:

>Now, when I had the new Konica 50/2 in my hands for the first time last
>week, it
>was a little bit more difficult.
>
>;-)
>
>More seriously, we don't know the price of that lens because for the moment
>Konica is selling it only together with the camera.

Konica sells the 50/2 separately, it's the body they don't sell separately.

When I bought mine, I expected to put the lens on ebay.  However, I found
that it is quite similar to Leica in external build quality and feel,
enough so that it could easily be branded Leica.  The image quality was the
real surprise, however, enough so that I have decided to keep it (not
having another 50.)  Not that the web is a particularly good way to
evaluate, but here are several pics:

http://www.spirer.com/ivan.html
http://www.spirer.com/seventy.html

The latter is soft due to the low level of light.

Jeff Spirer
Photos: http://www.spirer.com
One People: http://www.onepeople.com/