Subject: Re: [Leica] Minor Cosmetic Cleaning of Leicas
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 10:13:37 -0400

What I do with my Leicas is apply some plain old lighter fluid to an old
cotton t-shirt and rub it onto the leather (called vulcanite on a Leica). If
your Leica has not been cleaned in a long time the t-shirt will come away
with some black smudges. I also apply it to the top and bottom plates, gives
it a like-new sheen.
Steve
Annapolis