Subject: [Leica] Voigtlander lens alignment process
From: "Michael Darnton" <mdarnton@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 17:52:16 PDT

For those who've been irritated by their 15mm lens' misalignment relative to
the camera body--if you're mechanically inclined, unscrew the four screws on
the back of the mount. Underneath you'll find each screw can actually be
screwed into one of a series of screwholes in the lens body. Turning the
mount relative to it's previous position and using a different set of screws
allows you to realign the lens in about 4mm increments. Of course if you use
multiple cameras/adapters and the alignment is different with each, this
isn't gonna help. . . .

The 35mm has the same situation, but I haven't explored whether this messes
with the rangefinder calibration or not. In theory, it should a little, but
I don't think this is the major calibration method. When you dig in you'll
also notice four screws running in slots that would seem to make possible am
even finer adjustment of the alignment. Don't mess with them--I suspect they
really will change the rangefinder settings!

If you mess up, you're on your own--don't blame me!   :-)

- --Michael Darnton