Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: Leica Users digest V17 #3
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 22:08:07 -0700

> the Summicron Modern tested out at 105 l/mm was a 50 Dual Range
>
> Stephen Gandy

Just what I would have thought! My own DR still surprises me with sharpness
and beautiful tones in all types of situations. I used it for aerial photos
of a river (350 shots of all 85 miles of river) from 2500' altitude, then
had the Kodak Gold 100 transferred to standard Kodak Photo CD.  At the max
file size, tire tracks in the sand are plainly visible. Even large gravel
shows up.

I have also used it with Agfa 25 in the close-up range. Give me a big enough
enlarger, and I think we might spot some of the larger molecules in the
scene. What an amazing lens!

Gary Todoroff
Tree LUGger