Subject: RE: [Leica] B&W paper
From: "Mueller, Rob" <rob.mueller@eds.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 09:26:49 -0400

after having used forte fiber/dektol for one of my portfolios, I switched to
a liquid Ilford (Universal developer for paper) developer, which opened up
my shadows quite a bit more and reduced blocking in the highlights. It is
also really easy to mix as it comes in a 5Liter plastic pouch.

ON a lark, I tried using Zonal Pro with the Forte fiber. The shadows didn't
overdevelop, the highlights are more even (less burn in). less blocking in
both directions. quite a nice developer but a bit pricy.

any one else have any experience with this developer? has anyone else
noticed increased staining while using forte paper? (not from the selenium
solution, but in the developer)

Rob Mueller
Studies in Black and White
www.studiesinblackandwhite.com