Subject: [Leica] OT - Nikon Coolscan 3
From: "Gerry Walden" <gerrywalden@cwcom.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 21:56:25 +0100

I have just switched to a Nikon Coolscan 3 (LS30) from a Coolscan 2 (LS20)
and, whilst scanning colour is fine and no problem, I am having dreadful
trouble scanning monochrome negatives.   I have tried everything I can think
of and would be grateful for any help.  Amongst other problems I am finding
that if I scan in RGB and then convert to greyscale I am getting a light
area on the scanned image, sometimes as much as 50%, which is not visible in
RGB but is like 2 different contrast levels on the scan.   I also cannot get
the contrast to 'look' right.

I would add that I had no trouble with my Coolscan 2.

Thanks for any help.

Gerry