Subject: Re: [Leica] B&W paper - Forte
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 22:39:02 -0400

Archivalness?   I've got 30 year old prints made when I didn't know my ass
from a hole in the ground about photography, and they look today just as
they did when they were first printed (and I certainly didn't selenium tone
them; I never heard of it back then).    People take  this "archival" thing
way too seriously.  It just isn't that difficult to wash a photograph.  I
suspect that it is just a marketing ploy used to justify higher prices for
"fine art" prints, similar to calling them "silver-gelatin" rather than
what they really are.

Dan C.