Subject: Re: [Leica] B&W paper - Forte
From: "NG K.K. (JOSEPH)" <khekkoon@magix.com.sg>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 23:03:18 +0800

Dan, I like that - your idea!  Although, am just a novice in this
regards.  I have been thinking, is it worth the effort for practicing
all the cumbersome procedures that was taught by the photographic
books I've read.  However, if it has been proven, then probably it is
worth doing it.  But it would not kill if we do not follow everything
mentioned,
right?  At least, we should be thorough in washing the print.  It is our
baby anyway.  To protect it from fading, the very fundamental of
processing the print should be followed.

I have some old B/W about 40 yrs old of my dad that turned yellow.
Could it be that the print is not properly washed during its production.
Or, due to the handling, storage and environment?  I am thinking on
how to go about recovering the photo.  Any idea from you guys? should I
refix, rinse, tone it, .... or whatever?

K.K.

Dan Cardish wote: ---------------------