Subject: Re: [Leica] enlarger or scanner?
From: Dominique.Pellissier@droit-eco.univ-nancy2.fr (Dominique PELLISSIER)
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 22:07:16 +0200 (MET DST)

>     Now my greatest concern: I intend very seriously picking up my old
>     pastime and realising a complete dark room with Kaiser multicontrast
>     enlarger and Componon lens.
>

>     Would this be a wise decision or am I old fashioned?  In the
>     photography club were I go, every one had sold his dark room equipment
>     yet decades ago (all are males above 50, I am 39).
>

>   Luggers, help me please because I am seriously in love with the Leica
>     way of life.
>

>     Luc Stockman
>     father of 10 children

Luc,

My opinion is that the near future will be all digital for photography (and
for the cinema).
Even Nagra produces a digital sound-recorder (Aries) beside the famous 4s.

Leica does not produce the Focomat v35 any longer.

"I'm old fashioned" is a nice Broadway tune. But "Good bye my enlarger, it's
the end of the show" is a Tin Pan alley tune too.

Dominique