Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 winder complete
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 05:53:18 -0700

Alastair wrote:

> Ted,
>
> I'm backwards and well behind here in Australia, but Ted selling the winder
> --- I thought you had waited 500 years for the winder and as for the 70-180,
> I bought mine on your ravings, and its only just come back from hospital. I shed a tear.<<<<<<<<<<<

Hi  Alastair,

Sorry mate don't shed too many tears at the moment.  It was the R8
motor, I like many others, waited 4 years before it became attached to
the camera body, not the winder.

Although the winder works fine, it merely was a convenient advance
mechanism for the old one eyed shooter and not the quickness of the
motor. So now with two motors for the 2 R8 bodies the winder is
redundant and for sale. And a great price, period!  Certainly when you
consider it includes the power pack and charger.

The 70-180?  Not to fear there isn't anything wrong with it and I hate
to see it go,  sorry to hear yours went to the hospital.

The 70-180 is probably the finest Leica lens I've used for image cutting
along with the 100 macro,  unfortunately the assignment work, not to
mention my body, is changing and the heavier 70-180 isn't as comfortable
in hand holding as it was.

I've switched to the lighter 80-200 f 4.0, which isn't any slouch for
sharpness itself and hopefully this will keep me away from locking to a
tripod every time I wish to shoot.

I just need to find a buyer for both winder and lens and I'd be a happy
camper. :)

ted