Subject: [Leica] M28/2.8 question
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 13:04:14 -0600

I have been looking at a third generation M28/2.8 in EX++ with mint glass
but no shade at about $880US. This seems like a good deal to my simple mind
and Erwin seems to like the lens as well. I would mostly be using this lens
wide open and would like to know if anyone has comments on the differences
between the this lens and the latest wide open. Unfortunately my dealer does
not have a new version in stock or I would just go and compare them both
myself. Normally I would have just bought the lens but since using the
M35/1.4 asph, I am getting a little more picky about what constitutes good
wide open performance! I am also considering the M24/2.8 asph bit will have
to wait until my bank account recovers from the 35.

John Collier