Subject: Re: Vs: [Leica] Off-topic/Help on Rolleiflex
From: john <bosjohn@mediaone.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 19:34:22 +0100

Raimo Korhonen wrote:

> The 2.8 Tessar is the worst Rolleiflex lens of them all. As this model (2.8A from 1950 was supposedly recalled by the factory it should be rare and therefore it might be expensive. McKeown´s book states $250-375 USD. As a photographic tool - well...
> All the best!
> Raimo
> photos at http://personal.inet.fi/private/raimo.korhonen

The poorness of the 2.8 Tessar is a bit over done. This is, after all the same
lens as the Super Ikonta B 532/16 in its coated version.  Just avoid shooting
wide open and watch out for flare.  They were, as is stated above, rare, and
you may be better off selling it and gettin a later Automat with the 3.5
Tessar, a very fine performing lens or even one with the 3.5 Planar, a suberb
lens. Good luck with the camera. I see you are posting from Thailand, is 120
film easy to find in BKK?
John Shick
http://sites.netscape.net/bosjohnusa/homepage