Subject: [Leica] ROM lenses
From: "Marthe & Rene" <marthe.rene@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 20:19:25 -0400

To all users of the R8.

What are the advantages of using ROM lenses?  Does the ROM chip function
like the one in Nikon D lenses that inputs the focused distance into the
fill-in flash equation?  I  found no mention of the ROM capability in either
the Leica Program Catalogue nor the R8 brochure that I have.

My new R8 should be arriving next week and I was wondering if it was worth
it to have Leica install the ROM chip and contacts to my lenses.

Have any of you had your lenses modified. At what cost?

Thanks

Rene