Subject: Re: [Leica] enlarger or scanner?
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 12:55:42 -0400

At 12:39 PM 4/16/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Pascal-
>There was a post a while back to the Singapore site for color printing info-
>I don't have it right at had, but I do remember someone called Digital Dog,
>so a search there might get you close.
>There was detailed info for setting up the color management, and there are
>several software packages, most under $100, that will give you really good
>management for different inks, paper, and scan types. I use the MIS inks to
>recharge my Epson Photo 700, and once I did a new Photoshop profile for
>them, they are surprisingly consistent.
>I am certain that there are just a few ink manufacturers out there, and are
>supplying the different cartridge makers! There seems to be very little
>difference in MOST inks that I've tried.
>So, even if you change the inks, once you've calibrated, and save the ICC
>profiles, then you are able to switch at will- easily!
>
>Dan (What do you get with an photo printer?...Inky fingers!) Post

Dan -

I have only tried his profiles for the Epson inks and the Piezography ones,
but on the Epson list most people seem to think that Jon Cone has excellent
ICC profiles for the MIS inks and others.  Details here:

http://www.inkjetmall.com/store/color-management.html

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com