Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Kodachrome
From: Nathan Wajsman <belgiangator@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 00:57:45 -0700 (PDT)

- --0-1804289383-955958265=:12340

Jim,

Perhaps, but certainly it appears that it is widely available in Europe--my Brussels dealer had no problems getting a delivery from the local Kodak distributor in a matter of 3-4 days. I realize, though, that maybe it is just the pipeline being emptied...It would be a great loss.

Nathan

Jim Brick <jim@brick.org> wrote:
As I mentioned a week or so ago, the new Kodak 2000 product catalog does
not list Kodachrome 25. Perhaps you should buy and freeze a few hundred
rolls to be on the safe side.

Jim

At 08:43 AM 4/16/00 +0200, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
>Hi friends,
>
>Remember a few years ago Kellogs had an advertising campaign for their
>corn flakes with the slogan "Try it again for the first time"? Well, I
>think that Kodak should do the same with Kodachrome. As some of you
>recall, I started using it on a trial basis after moving to Switzerland,
>where processing is reasonably fast. Well, the trial period is over, and
>the three Kodachrome emulsions are now my base films. Kodachrome 25 for
>landscapes in the R8, Kodachrome 64 as the standard film in my chrome
>M6, and Kodachrome 200 when extra speed is required. I will still use
>Provia F or Velvia on a rare occasion when unnaturally punchy colors are
>desired, but I am a total convert to Kodachrome now. It really does go
>well with Leica glass. Those of you who live in places where processing
>time is not measured in weeks should give it a try.
>
>Nathan

Do You Yahoo!?
- --0-1804289383-955958265=:12340

<P>Jim,</P>
<P>Perhaps, but certainly it appears that it is widely available in Europe--my Brussels dealer had no problems getting a delivery from the local Kodak distributor in a matter of 3-4 days. I realize, though, that maybe it is just the pipeline being emptied...It would be a great loss.</P>
<P>Nathan</P>
<P><B><I>Jim Brick &lt;jim@brick.org&gt;</B></I> wrote:<BR>
Send online invitations with <a href="http://invites.yahoo.com/">Yahoo! Invites</a>.
- --0-1804289383-955958265=:12340--