Subject: RE: [Leica] re: (Leica) Interesting scam
From: Austin Franklin <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 22:24:28 -0400

> Admittedly, it's a bit slimy to turn around and try to auction it for
more
> money, then return it if it doesn't sell, but a 15-day return was the
deal
> and I am presuming it was returned in the same condition it was sent,
also > > as per the original deal, was it not?

Well, it goes without saying, that things are done 'in good faith'.  The
implied reason for a return is if the camera, it self, did not meet the
expectations of the buyer, NOT if the buyer could sell the camera for more
money or not.

I believe the buyer was 'dealing' in bad faith, and as such, that removes
the 'return' obligation from the seller to accept a return.

JMHO...  I certainly wouldn't have taken it back!  That's a slimy as using
it for a job, that you would have had to rent equipment for, and then
returning it after the job is done...and getting your money back.

How much 'crap' should one have to protect ones self from for trying to be
honest?  I don't believe one needs a 10 page contract if a little common
sense (and common decency) is applied, and this goes against any common
sense, and is certainly an abuse of the privilege offered by the seller.

I guess common sense (and decency) is not so common...