Subject: Re: [Leica] UMAX PowerLook III scanner
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 10:47:25 -0700

Martin-
I have a UMAX S-12 Scanner, and it has always performed admirably, and even
though it is considered a 'low-end' scanner, it gives 36 bit color, and
resolutions greater than I have ever needed! I don't often need anything
over a 125MB file, but this thing can do it, and by all accounts, it is
obsolete as I have had it for three years!
I looked into the transparency attachment, but at $300 it was twice what the
scanner cost at CompUSA, and I opted to spend a bit more for a Dimage Scan
Dual- which is also a really nice little scanner, but limited as far as film
size is concerned.
If you do larger negatives, then the transparency attachment might be the
ticket for you, sinc you could scan up to an something like 8 1/2" X 14"
areas!
Dan