Subject: Re: [Leica] LS-2000 ICE
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 12:16:11 -0400

At 09:54 AM 4/18/00 -0500, you wrote:

>If I have a clean piece of film, I won't use the ICE, but unfortunately,
>I've got a lot of images and am asked to scan other peoples images that
>aren't so clean anymore.
>
>Duane Birkey

I agree completely, Duane.  For old, damaged or scratched film, the ICE is
invaluable.  Also, if I am scanning batches of transparencies at low
resolution just to put in my database, I will leave the ICE turned on
rather than clean each one individually.  However, for critical,
high-resolution scans intended for print, the ICE is off.  And it's always
off for B&W negatives and Kodachrome.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com