Subject: [Leica] Rangefinder brightness
From: "Roland Smith" <roland@dnai.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 18:49:45 -0700

I have two M3s and one M4-2 and have found the following differences:
    1.  The shutter release of both the M3s is very smooth requiring a light
touch, while, the shutter button of the M4-2 is stiff and requires more
pressure.
    The M3s have not been CLA'd while the M4-2 was CLA'd this year.

    2.  The M3 rangefinders are hard to focus in dim light while the M4-2
rangefinder seems brighter in dim light and it is easier to view the
alignment of the vertical     line in the focus rectangle.  I find the M3s
more difficult to focus than my LTM Leicas.

Are these observations consistent with the experience of others?

Roland Smith
roland@dnai.com