Subject: Re: [Leica] Ideal travel kit
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 13:52:53 -0400

Walter Levy jotted down the following:

> Any M-series body you love, some kind of light meter, your two favorite
> lenses and lots of film.  I agree with Henry Ambrose; I don't want to be a
> pack-horse when traveling for pleasure.  When I was in Peru for a two-week
> trip a few years back (pre-Leica days) I took a Nikon F3 with 24mm, 35mm and
> 90mm and two dozen rolls of film and I was a happy camper.  My favorite shot
> from that trip is at my Web site, www.members.home.net/wlevy/ under the
> "Peru" link.

You don't want to be a pack-horse and you carried a Nikon F3 with three
lenses!  Wow.  You must put Arnold Schwartzenegger to shame ;)

I was in Scotland a number of years ago, cycling through the country (btw --
if any of you are thinking of taking the A696 from Newcastle to Edinburg on
a bicycle, I would advise you to reconsider) when my camera was an F3.  It
more or less always stayed in the bag, because it was just too damn big and
awkward to drag out and use.

M.

- --
Martin Howard                 | Trying to determine human performance by
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU   | experiments is nothing but the ritual of
email: howard.390@osu.edu     | The Ballet for the Gods of Invariance.