Subject: RE: RE: [Leica] Silicon film
From: Austin Franklin <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 19:23:11 -0400

Who says a $50 lense is crappy?  How much do you think the lenses in $700
digital cameras cost?  Probably about $50.  A $50 lense doesn't have to
flare, give bad contrast etc.  In fact, for $50 you can make a pretty damn
good lense.  Just not a Leica lense.

The point is, a Leica lense is a waste on a digital imager such as this
one.