Subject: Re: [Leica] making contact prints
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 08:05:30 -0700

Tina Manley wrote:

> No fair, Ted!  I don't have Sandy to help me!
>
>   I can load 50 slides in the batch feeder and scan them while I do other
> stuff (in the daylight).  I save them all as tif's.  Then they can be
> printed quickly as contact sheets and with the click of a mouse add them
> all to my database to be captioned and add keywords.  Then they are
> searchable and ready to add to any submittal or delivery form which is
> automatic in InView/StockView.  So, I'm not only making contact sheets, I'm
> making a searchable database and inventory for stock.
> Granted, it would take longer than 15 minutes to print out 60 sheets, but
> while they are printing, I am writing captions to go on the labels or
> mounting and filing other slides.
> Besides, while the computer at times gives me headaches, it's nothing like
> the headaches I get from darkroom chemicals!  Even Lagavulin doesn't help!<<<<<<<

Tina,

You sure your not drinking the chemicals and trying to soup in the
Lagavullin?  :-)

sheets, but while they are printing, I am writing captions to go on the
labels or mounting and filing other slides.<<<<<<<<<<

Now that's what I like to hear, as it gives me an excellent reason to
sweet talk herself, she who must be obeyed, into me buying a new high
speed computer. Because "Tina says this is the way to do it!" :)  Like
I'm making better use of my time, so I can have "more time with her!"  I
wonder if she'll go for that line after 50 years? :)

Do I take it from your description that you mount your final edit B&W
negs in slide mounts?

Sandy and i will have to look into this system after I get back from
Europe in 4 weeks and see if we can switch over to "all computer
electronic printing" or that this old dog is really too old to switch.

Thanks for the info.

regards,
ted