Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 Unboxed
From: "Julian Thomas" <mimesis@btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 14:47:13 +0100

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: Sunday, April 23, 2000 3:11 AM

> > bag?  This camera lives on my shoulder now!<<<<<<<<<<<
>
> Good thing, as I do here.  Simply because the doom sayers talk about
> the,   "BIG ONE COULD HAPPEN ANYTIME!"  This refers to a major earth
> quake which will see the west side of North America become water logged
> and I don't want to be rockin' and rollin to earth shakies without a
> Leica in hand as we slide into the Pacific.  :-)

I've just got back from a couple of weeks in Spain and experienced both
sides of this. Apart from one day, I either carried my bag or just an M6
with the 35 summilux on my shoulder. My girlfriend and her parents got a bit
pissed off with me aimlessly walking away from them to get street shots.
However, one day i walked straight into a street demonstration and had a
great time! It was boisterous but not really violent and i got some great
shots of both bystanders and participants. However on the one day that i
succumbed to pressure and left 'that bloody toy' at home I missed a shot of
an easter procession collapsing as three different processions collided -
complete with dropped jesus pallaquins and crosses being used in very
un-Christian ways!

Julian