Subject: [Leica] Re: LUGKodak versus Fuji: is that the issue?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@flashcom.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 17:10:26 -0700

Let's just hope sanity takes over and people learn not too late that digital
is a poor imitation of film. Especially with the recent breakthroughs in
film technology that could increase speed 10X for the same image quality.
(Lots to work out yet, but it's coming). Kodak has released a series of
Kodachrome mini-labs that don't require a chemist on duty all the time. And
if they sell enough of them, they have a new emulsion in the wings - so I
hear - that is ISO 100 and has finer grain than PKM. I pray for that day to
arrive. I am with Erwin, my favorite film choice with Leica glass is
Kodachrome.

- --

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA

http://www.neteze.com/ewelch

As far as I'm concerned, treachery will sometimes bring loyalty into
question.