Subject: Re: [Leica] Epson 870, 1270
From: Neil Frankish <nfrnkish@tcd.ie>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 10:00:20 +0100

And what about quad inks for the 1270?

I'm starting to think of digital printing, and since I almost exclusively
shoot B+W, I was looking at the quad black inks. Then the 1270 and 870 came
out, promising even better quality, but I believe they have a chip on the
cartridges, making life difficult for third party manufacturers. Can you
drill holes and refill, do you think?

And on a related note: is the Nikon Coolscan LS2000 still the benchmark?
I've also seen a Nikon Supercoolscan 2000 selling slightly cheaper (from a
single supplier) than the LS2000. Is this a newer or alternate model?