Subject: [Leica] Italy with my M2 and Rollei
From: Kurt Miska <k.miska@french-rogers.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 10:32:13 -0400

My wife and I just returned from a wonderful vacation in Italy. My
recently acquired Leica M2, its four lenses and MR meter, together with
my Rollei 3.5T, accompanied me. It's  probably considered blasphemous by
LUGers but I opted for Fujichrome 200 for the Leica, since my wife
prefers prints. In my Rollei I used Agfa 100 black & white, which I will
develop and print myself. The M2 (967 702 born in July ‘59) performed
flawlessly, as did the Rollei, also born around that time.

My M2 came with the quick loading kit but I removed that since, believe
it or not, I find it easier to load my M2 the traditional way. The MR
meter worked just fine under a great range of lighting conditions. I
found myself using my 50 mm f2 D.R. Summicron a great deal as I did my
35 mm f 3.5 screw mount Summaron adapted to the M2. It would have been
nice to have an f2 and in time I hope to find a 35 mm Summicron without
“eyes.” The 90 mm f4 Elmar saw some use but the 135 mm Hektor remained
in the bag all the time. Just didn’t find use for it.

Kurt
Ann Arbor