Subject: Re: [Leica] Expectant proud new M6 owner
From: Doug Herr <telyt560@cswebmail.com>
Date: 25 Apr 2000 10:32:55 -0700

On Tue, 25 April 2000, Simon Lamb wrote:

> Hello everyone
>
> Another lurker surfaces and faces the inevitable!  I have phoned the
> camera shop and will be picking up my chrome M6 .85, 90mm f/2 APO ASPH
> and Tri-Elmar 28-50mm f/4 on 2 May.

<SNIP>

Just seeing the LHSA M6 on Stephen Gandy's website nearly pushed me over the edge.  The only thing that stopped me was my bank.

> I will keep the F5 as I do not believe that the M6 will be able to catch
> the action wildlife shots that the Nikon makes possible.  The F5 is an
> amazing camera, as is the M6, and I believe that each can offer me some
> major benefts in the type of photography that interests me.

<more stuff SNIPped>

You're right, the M6 is not for non-human wildlife.  The SL, SL2 or R8 is.  See http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/telyt

Welcome to the group.

Doug Herr