Subject: RE: [Leica] Human Traffic
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 20:58:30 -0400

Johnny, I have to say I admire your talent; I am utterly mesmerized by your
photos, and have already wasted _way_ too much time browsing your site.

You are, in very large part (I also blame Kyle Cassidy--and HCB and DAH had
a little to do with it, too (not shabby company!) :)--responsible for my
recently purchasing a Leica M.  I'm eager to find out how you (and the other
street shooters) go about getting such great photos.  Do you interact with
your subjects at all, or do you just anonymously step up and shoot photos?
Do you ask permission?

I tend to be shy by nature, and so in my first few days with the Leica have
not taken many street shots yet.  But I have found a wonderful first step:
playgrounds!  Children are _much_ less intimidating and love the attention.
They can be hard to capture, though, as they move a lot faster.

Well, enough said for now.  I've been meaning to post a big thank you for
pinkheadedbug for awhile now, but I keep postponing because I can't get the
words good enough to do justice to how tremendous I think these photos are.
And so at this point I figure wrong words are better than none.

Thanks,
Dan