Subject: Re: [Leica] Italy with my M2 and Rollei
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 19:28:58 +0000

John Collier wrote:

> The quickload kit makes a significant difference in loading times in the M2.
> Apparently in the M3, which I have not tried it in, you have to lift up the
> spool to reset the film counter and this slows things down. In my M2 it
> usually loads just as fast as my M4-2.

Funny, but after getting an M6 for the first time over a year ago, I can
still load my M2 faster and with less trouble or question than I can the
M6.  Half the time I have to pull the roll out and start over and the
only way is to push on the film over the shutter and I keep wondering
when I'm going to push right through.  And I've read every "how to load
an M6" post every written.  Something about an old dog and new tricks
perhaps.......

donal
- --
Donal Philby