Subject: [Leica] NO MORE DARKROOM?
From: Laurence Gadd <lgadd@northriverpress.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 12:39:54 -0400

New to "LUG" but old to Leica with my  first M2 in 1960's
I have been reading the various postings on scanning negatives with a Nikon
LS2000 and printing via Epson printers.
The impression I have, especially from Tina Manley, is that the end result is
very close to a darkroom-produced print. Is this so? After over 35 years of
shooting my M2 and now M6’s are my days of fume inhalation, dodging cramps
hypo reeking clothes over?
Does this really work? If so, how can I see the results before doing my
Bessler, Focomat etc garage sale? Is anyone willing to send me a rejected
proof or two which shows the print quality? I currently use digital images for
plate making on work to be printed. But for prints you can hold? Make it so
Tina. Anyway thanks for your help and some interesting posts.
Larry Gadd