Subject: Re: [Leica] Street photography
From: "peter stamos" <pjstamos@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 22:01:45 GMT

rlb: "I used a M6TTL, 24mm Aspheric Elmarit-M, M-Winder
and a long cable release attached with the control in my pocket.   The
extreme DOF with Delta 400 film allowed me to set my lens and forget about
focusing.  I let the camera hang about mid chest and shot whenever I saw
something that interested me."

On the street, I like the M6 with a 50/2 or 35/2 Summicron and TMAX3200 at
1600.

rlb: "I must assume that the papparazi and the Diana event has brought a lot
of negative attention to street photography.   I certainly wouldn't want to
offend anyone for the sake of a picture.  Now, if they don't know it, it's
another issue."

Last year, around this time, I went to a Greek Orthodox church just before
midnight on Good Friday, found a seat in the first row and photographed
freely and without incident.