Subject: Re: [Leica] Nokton v. Summilux M : some real (Human Traffic)examples
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@oven.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 11:46:30 +0100

2000-04-27-06:13:43 Jeff S:
> I'm not having any luck visiting this site: "Server Unavailable". Maybe
> because I'm visiting a Microsoft site using Netscape under Linux?

I was able to get at it fine with Netscape 4.72 on Red Hat 6.2; but
I had to turn javascript back on to do it, which annoyed me no end.
Otherwise the page failed silently, just giving me a blank page with no
explanation.

"Server Unavailable" just sounds as if the box was hosed when you
happened to try it.  I suspect that the reason is merely because you're
visiting a Microsoft site, with the quality software infrastructure that
that implies, rather than because they went to a special effort to make
the site less useful to others.