Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: PC lens
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 20:51:21 +0000

Last year I picked both a 28 and 35 PC lenses and have since billed out
about $12,000 for images shot with those lenses.  Perhaps it is because
I have spent many years with 4x5 capabilities that they are so
meaningful.  Once you can get lines straight, tombstoning just looks
amateurish.  Last year I had a job driving around Florida shooting light
poles.  Almost impossible without the PCs.  Of course, I understand that
all Lugnuts may not be highly envious of my opportunity to shoot light
poles!  But think of Buddhist temples in Thailand, or museums, or any
metropolis.  Even with people and hand held.

The ultimates, of course, are the Canon T/Ss.  Nikon managed to get a
85mm T/S lens out  just 5 years later, so Leica T/S should be out by
2015 at the latest.

donal
- --
Donal Philby