Subject: Re: [Leica] Silverfast
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 14:02:11 -0700

Point to Ponder:
Some software controls the motion of the negative under the scanner, and
will make multiple scans of the same negative, each with a slight shift of
position. Rather than 'interpolating' the missed info between scan lines, it
actually reads the information. I believe that Vuescan does this on some
scanners- and it is a very inexpensive program for the non-professional!
The time to scan is increased accordingly, but for a really good scan, and
for getting the maximum info for , say an exhibition print, it is worth the
time spent.
Dan