Subject: [Leica] Human Traffic
From: "sam" <salex@idt.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 16:19:22 -0400

I recall, during the "low down" max-deterioration period of the "deuce"
(42nd Street, as it was called by the insiders who inhabited it), that I
rigged a "N" 8008 with an electronic remote. . .which went from the camera,
under my belt and into my right pocket. With a 24mmAF and a bubble level
mounted in the hotshoe, I could level and shoot by glancing down slightly.
(camera around my neck, of course). Took a lot of pictures this way, but
somehow it wasn't very satisfying. Not actually looking through the finder
negated the photographic experience. While I was able to "record" shots
immposible to get, under those circumstances, any other way. . .they were as
if someone else shot them. It was fun looking at the contacts to see what I
had recorded. Every once in a while there would be a "keeper". . but it was
more like "shotgun and see what you hit". I sold the "N" a long time ago
and rely on thru-the-finder Leica shots ever since.

I wonder if street shooting using a TLR Rollei would effective. You DO look
down, but you ARE composing. . .hmmm. . .interesting. (strange, I had one
for a while, but never took it to the street.)

Sam