Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 Caps, Straps, and Cases Suggestions
From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 00:02:06 EDT

 The old soft leather Nikon strap is very good, but I have cleaned out all
the local stores from them and I have found a good replacement. KameraLeder
makes a great strap now, soft leather with a slightly wider section around
the neck. The thin Nikon strap cuts off blood supply to the brain after 6-7
hours of carrying the camera and it makes you do strange things, buy
duplicate lenses or even buy old Nikon F's (when you already have 3-4 sitting
at home)! KameraLeder straps are made by some of the best leather I have seen
this side of my 1949 Bentley Mark VI (owned it between 1971-73). Ask George
to put in a couple of more holes in the strap though. They tend to have a bit
too long 'reach." I like to be able to shortstrap one camera and have it hang
above the other on the chest.  The strap with the wider neck support is
great, I can carry a M2 around my neck with the 50/1,5 Nokton or Summilux for
a whole day without feeling a 'pain in the neck" in the evening. The regular
M6 strap is good, but they tend to fray with use and they only last 1-2
years. The old M2/M3 strap in leather from the 50-60's are good too, but they
can be brittle with age and I have had them come apart and dropped cameras on
the ground. I never use cases or caps, well, I use caps the first 2-3 days of
ownership of a lens, then I loose them and never bother to replace them.
Tom A