Subject: [Leica] Sherry Krauter for President!
From: "M.E.Berube - GoodPhotos" <meb@goodphotos.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 00:30:36 -0400

At 05:20 PM 4/29/00 -0700, Steven Alexander wrote:
>on 4/28/00 5:37 PM, J Vaughan at sthawk_ontheroad@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> > Don't know If I posted this or not.
> > Sherry Krauter, leica repair person,
> > WILL be at the Boston show this weekend.
> >
> > Jeremy
> >
> > will there be a gang of you there?
>And she will have Classic M bags as well as other interesting ways of
>parting with your new $1 coinage.
>
>Steven

Well, I think I'd rather actually keep her at Golden Touch.
I just got back from the Boston (Waltham) show. (Well worth the 3 hour
drive south!)
Having been "shooting for dollars" since 1985 all over the country and this
was actually my FIRST ever camera show that my schedual has allowed. I'm
extremely glad that they are only intermittent, 'tis an experience that I
could easily become addicted to.

Thanks in part to all of those of you who were so kindly helpful and
forthcoming on information about the M5, I purchased one of the three
Black's that were at the show! I got a nice three lug, post 134XXXX model.
I wouldn't have had a clue, of what exactly to look for without Ms.
Krauter's most kind assistance in looking them over for me and giving me
some recommendations. She also saved me a few bucks in the barter process
by pointing out a few minor lacking points on the otherwise excellent body
that I ended up with that I wouldn't known to look for. What a font of
knowledge (and wry humour.)

So now I have had my full sized M (REALLY full sized!) for a whole 9 hours
and I've already put four rolls through it! Can't wait to get to the
processor's place early in the am to see what I get back. I am going to
have happy photographer dreams tonight!

Also can't wait to find a flash bulb holder to fit it with and to start
playing with some fill flash ala sylvania (or whatever I can find!)

Thanks again! This list sets the example of what the Internet should be all
about.

Carpe Lumen,
Michael E. Berube
http://www.goodphotos.com