Subject: Re: [Leica] Need info on bags.
From: "Michael E. Berube" <mberube@snapdragontech.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 00:53:25 -0400

At 05:20 PM 4/29/00 -0700, Jeff Bailey wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I would like to get an inconspicuous bag for my camera (M6 with 35 f1.4
>ASPH). Any opinions on if this is a good bag or the proper size to get is
>greatly appreciated. Do you know of any other camera bags that don't scream
>"steal me!".

Jeff;

I'm new to this list and don't know if it has been mentioned, but I'll take
a chance and post anyhow.
For my money, I think it hard to beat Domke's inserts. They can be placed
in just about any bag to somewhat safely and quietly store your cameras,
lenses and flashes when they aren't actually in you hand. There are bunches
of places to get them, but here is where I got mine:
http://www.micro-tools.com/domkea.htm

The inserts are really inexpensive ($12 > $20 USD) and seem ready made for
Leica's slim profiles.
Nice almost waterproof heavy duck canvas camera bags (cleverly disguised as
old beat up army surplus satchels) can often surprisingly be found VERY
cheaply at Army/Navy surplus stores. Campus type book bags are also a cool
fit for the inserts and look a bit better with business attire. The nice
thing about the inserts are they are modular by nature and can be used in
may bags by just picking them up and moving them.

My .02

Carpe Lumen,
Michael E. Berube
http://www.goodphotos.com