Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Trip to Australia
From: Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 15:55:14 +1000

"Wolfgang.Oehms" wrote:
> will leave in two weeks times for a 4 weeks trip to Australia with all my
> Leica-stuff (R7,M4P,M2)
> The route will be from Adelaide to Darwin. Anything special to look for,
> besides what ist already in the books?

Hi Wolfgang

The best part of that trip is the bar next to the pool at the Uluru
(Ayer's Rock) Sheraton (I think it's still the Sheraton).  Great hot dogs.

You're doing the trip at the right time of the year, which is a good
move, but bring sunscreen and use it.

Highlights of the route are, the Barossa Wineries and the Flinder's
Ranges (Wilpena Pound) and then nothing till Uluru and the Olgas. Have a
look at your map, there a long way in between highlights!  She's a big
country out there mate.  I hope you get some good time at Uluru and the
Olgas.  They're spectacular.  Nearby Kings Canyon is also good.

Then further north is Katherine Gorge and Kakadu National Park.
Hopefully these places will be on your intinerary.  If you get the
chance in Adelaide, go and see a game of Australian Football (not rugby!)

How are you travelling? Camel?

Regards

Rick Dykstra