Subject: Re: [Leica] awaiting the wrath of the Leica cops
From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 09:21:55 -0700

Last week I dropped a lightly-padded canvas bag that contained two
cameras. It had my Leica M6 with a Summilux 50/1.4 in it, and it had a
Sony DSC700 electronic camera.

I dropped it about 2 feet, and it landed on a wooden floor. The Leica
didn't notice the drop and was not damaged in any way. The Sony was
damaged beyond repair; the Sony depot quoted me a price of US$2600 to
repair the camera (street price of a new one is about $2000). Luckily
the Sony belongs to my employer and not to me, and I was using it as
part of my employment, so I don't have to deal with this loss. I
finished the shoot using only the Leica, but I had to send off the film
to get a Photo CD made so I don't have the pictures back yet.