Subject: [Leica] riot warning
From: Johnny Deadman <deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 19:49:52 +0100

Couple of people have mailed me privately with an apparently well-sourced
warning that photographers will be targeted at Monday's mayday protest, or
at least their equipment.

Personally, this makes all the more determined to go along and it will be
interesting to see what happens. The idea that the media should become
targets is a massively undemocratic idea, and I find it  hard to believe
that this attitude can possible prevail among the majority of the eco-types.
I also think if this is the case it is kind of my duty to turn up, even if
just to prove that the scares were unfounded.

However, I won't be taking my leicas! A T90 day, I think.

If you're not as foolhardy or as me, or as upset about the possibility of
the freedom to photograph in public places being infringed in this way, I'd
stay at home. However, anyone who wants to come along for the ride would
still be most welcome, and we can watch one another's backs.
- --
Johnny Deadman

photos:      http://www.pinkheadedbug.com
music:       http://www.jukebox.demon.co.uk