Subject: Re: [Leica] awaiting the wrath of the Leica cops
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 14:21:37 -0700

At 4:24 PM -0400 4/30/00, Martin Howard wrote:
>Brougham jotted down the following:
>

>> And...when we stopped for supper, my Leica--which heretofore has known
>> nothing but coddling inside a padded bag and being hand held without
>> dangling from a strap--rested ON THE FLOOR.  The floor!  Under my
>> chair.
>
>Ugh!  Please.  Leica's deserve a place on the table.  They are aesthetically
>pleasing things that add to the sensory experience of a good meal.  They
>should be given a prominent place in the centre of a table.  They also like
>company: The best method is for three or four photographers to meet, plonk
>all their Leicas in the middle of the table and then order.
>
>Besides, it's a lot safer than sticking it under a chair on the floor, where
>any number of four-legged animals can slobber all over it.
>
>M.
>
>--
>Martin Howard                 | "We can't make mistakes like that on our
>Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU   |  own. We need computers to help us."
>email: howard.390@osu.edu     |     -- A pharmacologist on computerization
>www: http://mvhoward.i.am/    +-------------------------------------------

Better to have the other diners slobber over it???

It's happened. Also, food has gotten spilled on the camera. Also, the strap
has gotten snagged by a passer-by and the camera left the table quickly. So
unless it's a LUGlunch, I often put it on the floor, if a safe corner can
be found. I also try to remember that I put it on the floor. So far,
successfully ;-).

While photographing, the camera is safe. Dinner is Dangerous.

   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
 /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com