Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: PC lens
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 21:05:42 +0000

Martin Howard wrote:

> I was taking shots of
> neon signs along a street, during the "blue" hour just after sundown.  I was
> using the 35mm PA-Curtagon-R.  Because of the angle of view, I had to stand
> on the opposite side of the street to get the subject in view.  But, because
> of the traffic on the street and parked cars on my side, a regular 35mm
> wouldn't have worked.  A little up-shift solved the problem.  Amazingly
> useful feature.

Neat, Martin.  Remember, too, you can use them looking down, say from a
building top, so keep lines straight.  I find myself using the downward
a lot in factories where I can get highup and look down.  There is
something powerful about a photo that has straight lines where you don't
expect them.  The shift on a 35mm increases its versatility enormously,
despite it's otherwise narrow (comparatively) narrow angle of view.

 Donal
- --
Donal Philby
San Diego