Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: NO MORE DARKROOM?
From: Doug Herr <telyt560@cswebmail.com>
Date: 2 May 2000 08:09:28 -0700

At 03:20 PM 5/1/00 -0700, someone wrote:

>The darkroom to a real photographer, is Nirvana.

I can't comment on the B&W darkroom but for color work, high quality scans of Leica chromes, Photoshop and the LightJet printer have made a very big difference.  Before this process, people might say "these are very nice".  With digital color prints, people are more likely to say "how much do you want for it?"  For me, color darkroom work has been mostly frustration, while the digital prints, in my case made with a local lab's LightJet printer, have been Nirvana.

Doug Herr
Sacramento
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe
 Better!  Faster! More Powerful!