Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: NO MORE DARKROOM?
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 13:38:00 -0400

 Absolutely.  Nothing like working with the hands and mind for that
 There is less personal craft in digital unless one includes
the abilities of the software and technical team who deserve (in my
opinion) the greater share of that creation.  Ok I suppose Kodak
deserve a  slice of the credit in darkroom work.

Alan
- ----
Interesting p.o.v. - I find I am certainly as "involved" in digital printing
as I ever was with traditional printing, although I don't have to slop
around in the chemicals. But I use my hands, personal craft if you will,
just as much....The comment about the software team raises an interesting
question: While the software developers certainly have made digital printing
possible, "all" they've done is develop a set of tools - I dodge, I burn, I
"focus," I adjust the contrast - all of which I would have done in the wet
darkroom.

B. D.