Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Anyone use Xtol Developer? How about DDX?
From: Henry Ambrose <digphoto@nashville.net>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 16:17:19 -0500

>I get very consistent development with Xtol and Ilford Delta 100/400 with
>the recommended times, so when I run through my stock of TMX I'm going
>to stick with Delta for the foreseeable future. It seems to me in any
>case that Delta is more forgiving on developer and fixer capacity anyway.
>
>Byron.
I'm enjoying Delta 100 and 400. It does seem very forgiving. After being
away from B&W darkroom for a long time and then trying lots of different
combinations recently I've settled on these.

I wonder does anyone out there use Ilfotec DDX?
That's what I've found to give my favorite results. Seems crisper than
Xtol or Xtol is softer than DDX which ever way to say it. Both seem
really good.

DDX works to factory times and temps - for what ever thats worth.
Interesting to me in that it seems nothing else does.

Henry Ambrose