Subject: RE: [Leica] DR Summicron Value
From: "Chuck Peacock & Pauline Averbach" <cpeacock1@mw.mediaone.net>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 18:19:40 -0400

It's a mice version of the 50mm f/2.0 Summicron for a Leica M.  It has a
normal focusing range but if you lift the focusing ring past a stop you can
set it onto a close focusing range.  To correct the rangefinder there is an
"eyeglass" looking thing that clips onto the lens.  You can't put it on
unless the lens is set for close focusing and you can't turn the lens in
close focus mode unless it's in place.

The close focusing "eyeglasses" work on all M series Leicas that have a
rangefinder (eliminating the M1 and MD).  They don't work on a CL or on the
new Konica Hexar RF.

Chuck Peacock